Rise Above Colorado
After a stressful meeting I saw this tiny plant not only surviving, but thriving in a sea of painted asphalt. Seeing this made me think about stress and how to overcome it. Some quick tips! 💪 • When you notice a racing heart—for example, before you give a presentation or start a tough conversation—realize that your body is trying to give you more energy and see if you can capitalize on that.
• If you are feeling nervous, pause to consider why, and ask yourself if it's because you're doing something that matters to you and therefore reinforces your values and gives meaning to your life.
• Don't deny the stress, but redirect your energy away from it and toward the task at hand.
• If you are feeling overwhelmed with school or cares, try doing some small act of kindness for someone and note the mental reward you reap.
• Nurture your social networks. Caring creates resilience.
• Try to focus on the larger purpose of whatever you're doing. If you’re stressing over homework, try to remember that it’s because you care about your future and want to succeed to the greatest extent possible. • Whatever you're doing, don't pretend that stress doesn't exist. People who deny it tend to isolate themselves and reinforce their fears. Instead, ask yourself why you're experiencing this stress and look for any positive aspects to it. Are you learning something from it? Are you gaining strength? Are you connecting with people on a more fundamental level? Do you feel more intensely alive? #iriseabove #colorado #stress #health #cohealth