.........PORK & COW TONGUE SISIG......
Just because ..... the Husband like it that way. And since there is no pig face available in our part of the world, I used the pork belly part with a very thin layer of fat πππ Well... anyway, the Husband's sisig craving was super satisfied.
Warning: This dish is super deadly: High in cholesterol, high in calories from fat, high in uric acid πππ
Also... not for the faint of heart....π .
PORK & COW TONGUE SISIG......
Pork belly, adobo cut - 500g
Pork skin and fat, #adobo cut (whatever is available)
Cow tongue - 1 large (about 500g)
Onions, chopped- 2 large
Garlic, minced- 5cloves
Black pepper powder
Extra virgin Olive oil
White onion, chopped- 1 large or as desired (for garnishing)
Soy sauce - 12 tbsp (+/-)
Lime juice from 1 or 2 medium lime
Soy sauce 6tbsp
Fish sauce 2tbsp
1. Marinade the pork in soy sauce and fish sauce for at least 2hours.
2. Wash cow's tongue and place in a pressure cooker. Pour water on it enough to cover the tongue. Pressure cook for 20mins timing it from the moment the pressure cooker whistles
3. Place the pork and marinade in a pressure cooker. Pour water on it enough to cover the meat. Pressure cook for 15mins timing it from the moment the pressure cooker whistles
4. Drain cow's tongue and pork. Reserve somw of the liquid from the pork. Remove the outerskin of the tongue and chop into small pieces. Chop the pork into small pieces
5. Mix sauce ingredients
6. Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onions in it until aromatic. Add in the tongue and stir fry for about 5mins or until it turned a bit brown. Add the pork and keep on stirring. Season with the garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper powder.
7. Pour some of the sauce then stir. Simmer. Taste and add more of the sauce as needed. Continue to simmer until all the liquids have evaporated
Garnish with white onions before serving
. Β© myFresha-licious (22February2018)